The winners of this year’s Show Manager of the Year award (SMOTY), presented by The Expo Group, have been announced. The award goes to individuals who have been nominated and are believed to provide exceptional service to their shows and the communities they serve.
The winners, based on the sizes of their shows, are:
• 150 booths or less: Cheretta Clerkley, director of marketing and corporate relations, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
• 151-300 booths: Shannon Burke, director of conference and meetings, National Association of College Admission Counseling
• 301-700 booths: Christy Jacobs, vice president of sales, International Association of Venue Managers
• 701-1,500 booths: Colette Fairchild, trade show director, H.H. Backer & Associates
• More than 1,500 booths: Patricia Whitaker, exhibits manager, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
"The award winners continue to impress," says Ray Pekowski, president and CEO of The Expo Group of the 13-year-old award. "Our judges annually struggle to choose five from among the group of smart, talented professionals."
The winners will be honored during a dinner Nov. 2 in Reno, Nev. Each will be presented with a trophy and a donation will be made to a charity of their choice.