The annual Krakoff Leadership Institute provides professional development for a small group of tradeshow and events industry professionals deemed likely to be future industry leaders. The group will be able to spend a sizable amount of informal face-to-face time with Poss during the leadership institute, which will take place in conjunction with the International Association of Exhibitions and Events’ Southeastern Chapter Annual Southeastern Classic Aug. 24-26 in Hilton Head, S.C.
“This industry has some of the best and brightest young professionals and entrepreneurs,” Poss says, “and I look forward to meeting with those who will set the course for the industry for years to come.”
Before taking the leadership role at dmg::events, Poss was president of Hanley-Wood Exhibitions. Previous to that, he spent six years as president of the Dallas division of Miller Freeman.
IAEE will accept applications from potential Krakoff Leadership Institute participants until June 7. To qualify, applicants should have:
• at least three years experience in the exhibitions and events industry
• a demonstrated personal commitment to the industry
• willingness and ability to become a thought leader
• a commitment to remain involved in the institute
• and some insight and thoughts about the future of the exhibitions and events industry.
Erick Burton, founder of the Burton Leadership Center in Kansas City, Mo, will facilitate this year’s leadership institute.
For more on the institute, visit www.iaee.com/kli.