• The International Exposition Center (I-X) in Cleveland has added two new members to its sales staff:
has been hired as director of sales. Poppell previously served as director of group sales at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort.
Lisa Shields has joined as associate director of sales. She was most recently district sales manager for Avon.
• The Greater Ontario (Calif.) Convention and Visitors Bureau has hired Lorraine Chapman as director of strategic alliances. Chapman was most recently director of membership for the Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board.
• Terri Carlson has been named the director of the new Holthus Convention Center in York, Neb. Carlson previously served as the marketing manager for the Nebraska Book Company.
• Alexandra Pearson has been promoted to senior account executive at The Rosen Group. She previously served the company as an account executive.
• Lauren Evans has joined AtlanticLIVE as associate director of business development. She previously served as a multimedia account executive at The Wall Street Journal.
• Networld Media Group has announced some executive management changes:
Tom Harper has been promoted to president and CEO. Harper has served as president since 2000.
David Drain has joined as senior vice president of events. He most recently served as the Digital Screenmedia Association’s executive director.