The International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) will close out its Expo! Expo! annual meeting and exhibition in Houston Thursday with an awards luncheon.
• The Pinnacle Award, IAEE’s highest honor, will be presented to 40-year industry
veteran Rossi Ralenkotter, president and CEO of the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Others being singled out for their achievements include:
• John Patronski, executive vice president of industry development at Global Experience Specialists, who will receive the Distinguished Service Award.
• Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, president of the Marketing Design Group, who will receive the Educator of the Year Award.
• Rebecca Orens, senior exhibits coordinator for the Society for Human Resource Management, who will receive the Young Professional of the Year Award.
• Don Vaughn, retired president of The Augusta Group, and Melissa Ooi, executive vice president at ASP Inc., who will be honored for their outstanding achievements in industry l
eadership and marketing and sales, respectively.
• The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and the Exhibition Services & Contractors Association will be co-honored for their outstanding achievement in innovation in business solutions.
IAEE’s Merit Award winners, recognized for their ideas and work that has benefited the organization in a special way, are:
• Gerry Eng, national sales manager for the Georgia World Congress Center;
• Mel Forehand, vice president of expositions for the Texas Restaurant Association;
• , director of tradeshow sales for the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.
“Thanks to each of these individuals for their dedication and commitment to IAEE and to the exhibitions and events industry,” said IAEE President and CEO David DuBois.